Reasons to Join Today!
Join the League of Women Voters and be part of an organization that is:
- Empowering voters to exercise their right to vote by holding voter registration drives, sponsoring Candidate Forums and educating the public about their rights on Election Day.
- Preventing threats to the right to vote and ensuring that every vote is counted by fighting for and implementing voting systems that are free, fair and accessible.
- Advocating for positive change at the local, state and national level on issues like education, government accountability and money in politics while working on public policy efforts on the local, state and national levels.
- Local level: Recent Canton LWV efforts include studies related to “Mental Illness-Related Issues in the Farmington Valley” and “Should Canton Have an Ethics Code and Commission?”
- State and national level: Issues of recent study include government spending, climate change, immigration and civil liberties.